Last year, today became more than just the Fourth of July. It also became the day we were engaged! As most of you already remember, CJ and Cory played softball into the early afternoon until they took 3rd Place. This year they didn't do so well. CJ will tell you what happened, but I won't publicly display that here! Last year we had some downtime in between festivities, and CJ took that opportunity to take me on a Jeep ride up American Fork Canyon. Looking back it is obvious what was about to happen, but he did such a good job at hiding everything I had no idea. We sat by the river for a little while and enjoyed the scenery. Then CJ turns to me and gets down on one knee and pops the question!!! I was in shock. I honestly couldn't believe it. But I was certainly joyful. I didn't even look at the ring. I just kept staring at him with glee! As it turns out, it was no surprise when we got back. I guess CJ was planning on doing it during the fireworks, but couldn't wait. So we decided to pretend nothing happened. Annette knew where we were going though. We tried to fool her, but she's too quick! I think we had Jeri going for a split second, but she caught on too. I guess you could just see it on our faces...I don't know!It was fun to relive all the giddiness and butterflies! Fortunately, I still
This years fireworks at Riverton Park were the best I've ever seen, anywhere! The finale was awesome! It lit up the entire sky! Although, I guess the price you pay for awesome fireworks is ash falling in your mouth! But either way, another great Fourth of July!
Oh! How could I forget! No Fourth is complete without WATERMELON!!!! This is why we love Jeri so much!!
4 comments:
Hey Jen, Thanks so much for posting that awesome photo. I'm pretty sure you also took one without my eye bugging out of my head. I am glad you guys had a fun day and are still very much in love. I love ya little sista!
Hmm, Jeri looks like she should be staring in the Twilight series. She would be a cross between Edward and Jacob. It's been a great year. Your a great addition to the fam!
CJ looks really good in eyeliner. You were an awesome volleyball player tonight. It was fun.
Very, very cute...
Post a Comment