Sunday, July 20, 2008

Backyard Cat

So I know that there are more important things to blog about, like Lacey's Wedding, our overall trip to Star Valley, home modifications...but I had to share this today! I guarantee that 99.9% of you are going to think I'm handicapped or just plain crazy. Especially Cory. I promise that this was fun and I'm going to continue the landscaping our of sheer pleasure and spite of Cory.

While coming home this weekend, we picked up my old cat I had during my, oh so wonderful, teen years! Now this cat shall be referred to by the name, Krista. Yes. A cat with a human name. To make a long story short, I thought it would be funny to name her after a "carnie" at the Lincoln County Fair.
On to the story at hand! Krista is use to being a country field cat. Not a city cat. So to make her feel comfortable we tried to make her feel at home the best we could and spoil her just a bit. And I do say "WE". CJ helped. He actually got me started on the whole idea. Initially I thought a box home would be suitable, but then CJ came up with the better, more stable, weatherproof idea of a recycling bin. He spray painted the bin then marked her territory with her name. After placing the bin in it's desired location, I got the brainy idea to salvage some leftover sod before it goes to waste. Then I figured she needed a sidewalk path to her home, so I used an old garden paver to pave the way! CJ topped the landscaping off with a tree! If this doesn't make her comfortable her in Utah, I don't know what will.
Our future plans include an American flag from the dollar store, and a white picket fence made from popsicle sticks! I may just really water the lawn and stuff and keep her pad looking sleek!

5 comments:

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

You guys are so nerdy! Jen, I am happy you got your cat back. Just leave her outside and everybody will be happy, EVEN Cory! Welcome to Utah Krista

Brady and Jenna said...

You are so funny! What a lucky kitty.

Mel & Annette said...

Looks like a little cat heaven. Another case of Wyoming meets Utah.

Anonymous said...

oh jenni (picture my hands in the air) this sounds just like something you would do.

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

You really went all out- soo cute;)