Well here it is November already. The smell of fall will soon turn to winter. The stores are filling with wrapping paper and decor. FM 100 will start playing Christmas songs and get everyone in the spirit of the holidays. Can I just tell you how much that BOTHERS me!? I'll be honest...there's only so many Christmas songs out there, so they can easily become worn out if they begin too early. I love the feeling of the holidays, but let us all remember Thanksgiving! I feel it has become the forgotten holiday. Let's enjoy the season of harvest and thanks. It's just as important to be thankful as it is to remember Christ. They go hand-in-hand.
I'd like to share what I am most thankful for.
- My husband and all the wonderful things he does for me!
- My family (both old and new) and the fact we can make it eternal. I love each family member individually and what they bring to our lives.
- My friends. They are such great examples and make life fun!
- A roof over our heads, and the opportunity to take care of our house and improve on it to make it our home.
- Our earthly home and all the beautiful creations within it.
- The luxuries of living in this country. At times we forget, but all those things like politics and taxes, and a fluxuating economy are just a small cost of living in in a free country.
- Temples and the ability to go. Also, the close proximity in which we are to SEVERAL!
- The Gospel and Atonement of Jesus Christ. Without Him, I wouldn't have any of the things here on my list.
I feel Thanksgiving is a great way to prepare for Christmas and the reason and purpose for it. So for the month of November I'm going to do better to recognize the things that I am thankful for and let it be known. I feel that too many people view Christmas in a worldly, materialistic way, and this is my personal effort to avoid that.
8 comments:
Jennilynn you have such a positive outlook on things. It's wonderful!!! I agree that we skip over Thanksgiving and don't give enough thanks in our lives. I need to be better about that!!!! Thanks for the reminder :)
I TOTALLY DID THAT WOLF PUMPKIN TOO!!! BRANDON BEGGED FOR IT. IT TOOK ME LIKE AN HOUR AND A HALF. WHY AM I YELLING? I DON"T KNOW>>>I"M EXCITED!! =0
This is a wonderful blog. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. I think that I would like to remind you how thankful we all are for you!
This is a wonderful blog. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. I think that I would like to remind you how thankful we all are for you!
thanks jennilyn for sharing! what a great list, and idea. i love seeing the non-joe's side of you:)
Thanks for getting me in the Thanksgiving mood and being Thankful- that was a great list!!
Finally, someone who appreciates Thanksgiving...I get so annoyed that it gets skipped. Thanksgiving is a close favorite for me, I like that you make getting together with your family a priority and that its not about the gifts you give, but the gifts you already have. I mean the food's not bad either right?
I am thankful for Cowboys, Lions, and playing ball in the park with all the guys on Thursday
Post a Comment