Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My First Trip To Hawaii


This time last year I was preparing myself to go to Hawaii!! Dad invited me to tag along, and of course I couldn't refuse! It was one of the best times of my life and afterwards, life got even better when I began dating CJ. It started my year off right! The trip itself, turned out to be more than just a vacation. It became a bonding experience for Dad and I. Since moving to Utah I never saw him as often as I had liked, and going to Hawaii rekindled our Daddy-Daughter relationship. It was by far the most perfect trip I could ever ask for and I am very blessed to have shared it with my best bud, Dad! Hawaii was one of his favorite places to visit. I recall one day in Kona when I told Dad that I hoped to make it back to the Islands in my lifetime. He responded by saying something along the lines of, "You will. I'd like to come at least one more time, and bring your brothers with us!" I hope that someday we can all afford to go together, and I can show my brothers and their families what Dad showed me, and share with them my piece of him.



*** If anyone is wondering what the deal is with the current song playing, (Coolin' by Abstract Rude) it's a song that my Dad was taking a peculiar liking to! Dad is not one to particularly like hip-hop or rap beats, so it's just funny that he liked it so much! He put it on a slideshow frame that he took so much pride in! Dad basically claimed it was his theme song....He makes me laugh so hard!

5 comments:

Mel & Annette said...

Jenni! This is fantastic. I was so impressed. You must promise to teach me how to do all of the cool graphics and stuff. I've already told you a gazillion times; but I am so glad that you got to have this special time with your dad. Love you guys forever and ever!

JennM said...

Jenni, I'm so glad you had that experience. Your dad looks so in love with his "little girl" in your wedding pictures.

JennM said...

and I"m not talking about the wedding pics on the side bar. Had to clear that up.

Melissa & Bryan Jensen said...

Jenni I love it! Hope to see you tonight. We'll go to Jennie's first. You guys should meet us there!

emily said...

What an awesome experience. It's so amazing to me how things happen in our lives that we don't understand until long after they are over. Write down your memories because I promise you even though you won't forget the big things the little things will slowly fade away. Keep those so you can ALWAYS remember them!