

Today is Grandpa Joe's Birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL!!! He got lots of cool gifts and one of which Brock picked out...a true blue SOMBRERO! That way this summer he doesn't sunburn his head! After having pizza and cake Brock and Parker came to our house to use the sidewalk chalk the Easter Bunny left in their baskets! Brock practiced his math skills and drew a picture of Uncle CJ, Aunt Jenni, himself, and T. I think I look pretty good as a stick figure if you don't mind me saying! Kinda short, but still pretty good! After Parker and I played a couple rounds of tic-tac-toe, I drew a pretty little palm tree! Parker couldn't resist drawing one himself! I think his is better than mine! After that he spelled his name backwards! Just like this... T rekraP. I find that pretty impressive for a 5 year old! When I started writing hearts and stuff Brock got grossed out! I figured then I could go overboard with him by writing a poem...CJ and Jenni sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! Then sure enough...."Yuck!" He'll realize soon enough that girls don't have cooties!

I remember back in the day when the opposite sex was just plain revolting, and sidewalk chalk lasted longer than ten

minutes. Back when Michael was still black, and Mariah Carey lyrics were all I would sing (into a hairbrush full of red fuzzy hair). Back when Super Nintendo was yet to be, and Gameboys were on the rise! Back when Milli and Vanilli Blamed the Rain, and One Night In Bangkok would change you for life! Back when Hammer Pants were cool, along with leg warmers and Converse shoes....wait those still are cool. I have three pair! Of tennis shoes that is. I don't sport the leg warmers much! But, oh how I miss those days! Days of innocence and oblivion! Just to be a kid again for one day!
I put together a little playlist of some of my favorite 80's tunes to take us back!
3 comments:
This was a fun blog...but if I want to remember childhood it's PF Flyers, Howdy Doodie, I Love Lucy and Captain Kangaroo. That was only a million years or so ago; but ahh, the memories..... (I think that you have inspired me. Memories will be my next blog. Thank you.)
You forgot to mention the neon spandex!! =) Hope you guys are doing good!
Hi guys, thanks for tending the boys for us. They love you guys. They are still talking about the sidewalk chalk. Parker has been practicing his palm trees.
Post a Comment