Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Easter Bunny Came!


Today, on our 7 month anniversary, it is also our first Easter Sunday together! The Easter Bunny stopped by early this morning as we slept, and surprised us both with a basket full of goodies! How thoughtful! But what is really thoughtful is the true meaning of Easter. Easter Sunday is much more than a day of colorful plastic eggs and chocolate bunnies; it is in fact a day that left the world forever changed.

It had been three days since Jesus had received the death penalty by popular vote. His friends and followers were devastated, as they had come to believe that He was not just an ordinary man, but the Son of God. He had performed miracles, healed every disease, and even brought a man back from the dead.

On that third day—the day we now celebrate as Easter Sunday—His friends went to His grave, but instead of finding His body, they found an open tomb with no body in it. In fact, what they saw was an angel who told them, “Don’t be afraid! I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He isn’t here! He has been raised from the dead, just as He said it would happen”. Jesus rose from the dead on Easter Sunday. Now, He offers to you the gift of eternal life and forgiveness of sins. To me that is truly thoughtful!
***I saw this little cartoon this morning and thought it was kinda cute!


Copyright, Answers in Genesis.Copyright, Answers in Genesis.Copyright, Answers in Genesis.Copyright, Answers in Genesis.

5 comments:

JennM said...

Hey! I never got an Easter Basket...=( =) HAPPY EASTER GUYS!!!

Mel & Annette said...

I was touched when I read your post this morning. Thank you for reminding us that the Lord lives, he loves us, and he wants us to be together with him again. I really look forward to that day.

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

I love your enthusiasim about our savior. Thanks for your example Jen.

Elizabeth said...

Jenilynn! Thanks for the compliment on my kids!!! You have an awesome testimony!!! Happy belated Easter!!!!

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

I used to get Dave & I an eater basket- now I just buy us a ton of cadbury eggs- I will have to make us an easter basket next year- you inspired me:)