
I always found myself to be an avid blogger until....well, the past two months! I just have not found the time. I have to sit here and wonder what has happened! There have been some ups and certainly some downs. This sad, ugly picture should explain to you how I feel at this point.... It's been a stressful stretch of time, but the future is looking great!
The month of February we held a Super Bowl party at our house. As many of you know, that has been a tradition in my family ever since I can remember. Now that Dad is gone, I must keep the tradition alive!!!! The Super Bowl is basically a holiday...let's be honest. We had a fun-filled day of food and family!
February also was a sad time with losing CJ's Grandpa Ike. It was a

neat experience to attend his funeral and to learn more about him. He was a great guy with a HILARIOUS sense of humor. I wish I could have known him a little longer, but I know he is needed somewhere else. CJ's Grandma Larsen passed away about 22 years ago and now she is reunited with her husband and friend. It's so great to know that we can all be together again.
On March 3rd Parker had a birthday! That kid is growing up so fast! Sure, I've only known him for two years, but still. He's becoming quite the handsome six year-old man! He smells quite nice as well. Must be all that cologne and deodorant ;)

But of course that day had to hold something sad for me as well. My Grandma Neeley finally lost her battle with cancer while at home. Though it was expected, it still makes me sad to see her go. She was the closest living grandma while I was growing up and certainly made a bond with her when I was younger. I think I also bonded with her because she was young for a grandma, so she did all the hip and cool things that a grandchild would like. She was only 64 (my grandpa remarried a younger woman...I know that math didn't add up for a second). She always encouraged me to be what I wanted. Once I thought I wanted to be a cowgirl and she bought me my first pair of boots. When I decided that wasn't for me and that I should be a cheerleader, she bought me some pom-poms and painted all my nails. I never heard her ever say a negative thing in all my life. She is an amazing woman and I hope my grandpa can hang in there without her.
On the lighter side of things, we finished remodeling our house! Well, with the

exception of the bathrooms. But that means that we were able to get carpet! I have been Miss Eager Beaver for carpet. We had ugly, dirty, stained, berber mess for a floor. But my time has come, and I finally feel comfortable walking bare foot in my house! I think Tessa is liking it too! She takes naps on the stairs now, and also I now consider her house-trained! Hallelujah!
My mom had a birthday and Mel has one coming up, but that is not the only exciting thing that we have to look forward to.... you'll just have to check back in next weekend!
4 comments:
I love your blog! It was a nice update to see how you are doing...I must become an avid reader of your cute blog..thanks for finding me..
Well it's nice to see you back!
You really have had quite the ups and downs. I hope that you guys are doing ok and that things are going well.
Take Care!
~Britt~
I was wondering where you've been! My blogstalking is pretty pathetic when I can't be updated on how you are doing.
Thinking about you and sending prayers that blessings will come your way.
Love,
jNae
i've been wondering where you have been! i am glad you are ok. isn't it nice to be able to walk around on your own floor! i totally get it.
Post a Comment