Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Recap

Wow! What a fun and busy weekend! The party started off with the arrival of Bryan and Melissa bringing the new baby of course! I absolutely love this little baby! I can't believe how beautiful she is either! She is certainly a little joy and I feel so bad it took me this long to meet her! We decided to not do the traditional Thanksgiving dinner and went along with a pot-luck style feast! Pizza, chips, cheese & crackers, veggies, and more! Jennie made some delicious Queso with sausage in it ,and I made some BBQ Meatballs and some pies! Yum, yum!

Since the football games turned out to be so uneventful, it was a blessing to have such great weather outside! The boys played out on the playset for hours!


Thursday was just the beginning of the weekend battle between Brodey and Tessa. Brodey is just her size, and with his interest in puppies it went downhill from there. Usually when CJ plays with Tessa, he's on his knees. We figured since Brodey (though he has learned to walk) crawls everywhere, Tessa thinks Brodey wants to play. Tuggin' on his socks, biting his ear, stealing Mr. Silky, and basically just being a playful puppy calls for Brodey getting pretty irate. He wants to pet her but only knows how to hit. You can imagine what turmoil they both faced!

By the time Sunday night rolled around I think they were able to make up and become friends. I believe the breaking point was when Tessa so caringly licked the queso from off of Brodey's upper lip. I mean, who wouldn't be friends after that?
Mom was able to come out for the weekend but not for Thanksgiving. We picked her up Friday night and thus began phase two of the weekend par-tay! Earlier that day we went to Grandma Jensen's to put up her lights. Usually at this time of year Dad will come and do that for her, so we took it upon ourselves to take his responsibility in his behalf. Later that night we had a tiny celebration for Bryan's birthday and just hung out the rest of the night. I have to apologize for not baking the cake I promised... we didn't even finish all the pies!


Saturday was a day of shopping and laziness! It was fabulous! We stopped by Alayna's to wish her a Happy Birthday! Tessa was a little weary of hanging out with Abby, but I think eventually they will be friends. Later that evening Grandma Neeley stopped by for dinner and wings. Yes I made wings for the first time! I hope everyone liked them as much as I did! But I am quite partial to the wing!

On Sunday I shared my addiction with my mother...ahh yes. The Guitar Hero. She would not stop herself! Jennie and CJ just wanted to watch a movie but all mom wanted to do was JAM! Finally she simmered down and we watched Run, Fatboy, Run. I'm not so sure how well I liked it. I found it entertaining, but not something I may want to watch in the future.

So now everyone is gone and I'm kinda sad. I love having company. Especially good company! It takes getting use to the quiet again. It's fun to have laughter and baby cries! I'm thankful for my family and for all the fun we have! We are excited for the holidays and the spirit it brings! Even Tessa is getting into the season! She insisted on wearing her Ho! Ho! Ho! shirt!

Happy Holidays!

6 comments:

TL said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Your little puppy is adorable!

Anonymous said...

:) Okay - I was accidentally signed in as Trent. So that last comment was NOT from him, it was from me. :) Carlie

But it sure is funny.

Mel & Annette said...

I'm glad that you had such a great time with your family. We missed seeing you all weekend, but you had a perfect reason!!! Love the pictures of Brody and Tess. Later!

Melanie said...

That picture of Tessa is precious, it makes me want a puppy so bad! Glad you had a fun holiday week :)

Clinton and Michelle said...

I Love Love Love the pictures (especially of Brody and Tessa laying together). Sounds like you all had fun for Thanksgiving. I feel that Thanksgiving isn't really about what you eat but about being together.

The Edwards Family said...

Wow, that's alot of cuteness running around your house. Glad you had a great holiday with your family.