Sunday, December 28, 2008

Not My Typical Blog


I tend to blog more for the purpose of journal keeping events and things CJ and I do as a family and with our families. But today I would like to blog for the purpose of gloating! I told CJ I would make him a turkey for Sunday dinner, and so I did! Now here is the part where I brag.... I have never even looked at a turkey thinking that I may know how to cook one. But it's so easy!! I couldn't believe it! It wasn't dry or anything. Just followed the directions on the packaging. Stuck it in the oven, went to church, instant dinner! Probably the best turkey I have ever eaten in my entire life! Moist and flavorful! I must say I am very proud of myself because I am so far from Suzy Homemaker and Betty Crocker!

So thank you for allowing me to share my greatest accomplishment with you! It probably won't ever happen again because I will need to be humbled. I'll more than likely be cursed with dry turkey the rest of my life, but I am just so excited! If you need a turkey... just call on me! Hopefully the curse won't set in too quick!

**CJ says that it was the best turkey he has ever had too, and no offense Mom!

11 comments:

Diana said...

I remember making my first Turkey for Thanksgiving and I was so scared it wouldn't turn out right. But it was really easy and turned out fine. Your turkey looks awesome.

Necha said...

Yay! I am amazed! I have never cooked a turkey either. That is a grown-up job! (So I guess that makes me a kid..if only I still had my youthful beauty to go along with it!) I had to ask Josh how you make ham. I can cook. But stuff like that throws me for a loop! Good Job!! I'd brag about it too!

Mel & Annette said...

No offense taken; however a small taste would be nice!

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

The Beutler's are coming to Utah!!!!


Family Party at Grandma's


January 4th


at 5pm



We are sooo excited to hang out and party with everyone- hope you all can come!

- Dave, Arielle & Grayson

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

I love it Jen. We cook turkeys alot these days. Its so much cheaper than lunch meat. And tastier too. But, I do remember being pleasantly surprised as well the first time I did one. Way to go!

Elicia said...

I am really impressed. Also impressed if you ate the whole thing. ;)
I do the smaller only breast meat turkey roasts when it is just the two (+ two tiny mouths) of us. But it sure doesn't look as gorgeous as yours did!

Annie said...

i hear there is a bbw restaurant looking for a cook...you should check it out!!!

Laura said...

I still haven't braved cooking one. Way to go!!! It looks awesome.

JennM said...

You're so cute. Your turkey looks delish!! Send it our way. =) Was your Christmas good? Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

ha it just kills me that you took a picture of it. i miss you!

randi and joey said...

Um I so agree with you about that Gia girl! I'm really glad that she left. On the other hand I love the brazilian chick.... she is crazy I love it!

We should rent all the seasons of Rock of Love and watch them all in like a day....

I miss you just as much!