
It's weird to think that Dad has been gone for a year today. I was surprised that I wasn't as emotional as I thought I would be. Today instead of feeling bummed out I tried to concentrate on the time we spent with Dad. For the most part I was successful, but you can't help but feel his physical absence. I'll just give it to you straight... It sucks. I kept going back to the last time I saw him and conversed. Although I have no regrets, you just wish you knew it was your last moment with them in this life. I would have hugged him a bit longer. I'm just so glad we have such a great relationship and he knows how much I love him. I feel incredibly blessed to know there is life after this and that we are an eternal family. Family is definitely an essential in life and I am so grateful I have an amazing one! My brothers married wonderful women and made beautiful children. I even married into a great family too! Annette is the best mother-in-law anyone could ask for, and I am now part of her incredible family!
There are no words to describe my dad and what he means to me. I miss him dearly, but I am so glad I can feel him from time to time. I am proud to call him my dad and I love being "Daddy's Little Girl". Or as he would call me, Jenni Penny!
*Please feel free to make fun of my style! Not my choice! Thanks Mom...

8 comments:
I appreciated your comments about your dear Dad. My Dad passed away on Jan. 13, 2000 and my mom passed away on Jan. 14 of 2002. Sending my love, Linda (Larsen)
I;m glad that the day wasn't too bad for you. I thought about you all day. That is a great family picture. I haven't ever seen it. I love you! Thanks for the nice words about me (boy do I have the wool pulled over your eyes!)Don't forget to call me Wednesday night. Good luck with the meeting!xoxoxforever!
Wow, weird that is has been a whole year. You are such a strong person. I look up to you in so many ways.
I know how you're feeling. I miss and think about my Dad everyday. It is great to know that you will be with them again someday. I just don't know how people deal with death that don't know about life after this one.
You are so strong!! I can't wait for you guys to be sealed, I know that you will feel your dad's presence. He WILL be there. You WILL feel him near. You are so great!!! keep the faith!
Our family was watching a Pro Skiing/mountain climbing movie the other day. You know, the "Real Life Bio's of a prof skier". My boys were glued. It was cute to watch Ryan point out the things his uncle did and loved. The boys and him talked about your father for quite a while...It made me feel good to know his story will go on throughout, and it's amazing how many people love him. We love you Jenni. =)
Hi Jennilyn, I love reading when you write about your dad. I can see that you love him so very much and he meant so much to you. It's not very easy for me to write my innermost feelings, so I really admire you and look up to you for that. I am so excited that you will be heading to the temple soon to continue linking your forever family together. It will be such a neat day for you & your family!
Jenni Jensen! It has been a while and this post made me cry! Your dad's death was a shock to us all! I know that I hold on to my dad a little longer because of it. Because I get a little log house reminder every time I drive to see my dad and it reminds to give him that extra squeeze. Your dad was great! My dad speaks fondly of him. He is greatly missed! You have grown into quite a beautiful woman! I haven't seen you in forever!!! I know your Dad is proud! You are right...families are forever! :-)
Post a Comment