I sure do love Moab! Besides CJ and his family of course, Moab has become my favorite part of becoming a Proulx! We headed down for our family trip on Thursday after school. We finally got there around 1:45 a.m. and I have to thank CJ and Cameron for unloading everything into the baby cabin we stayed in. I was out of commission for the rest of the night.
On Friday we ventured out to Hell's Revenge. I think that it is my favorite trail. Of course at Hell's Gate, Cory ran up, and made it out successfully. Although, the second time was a little scary! He was with Chad in his rental. Chad almost made it out before he slid down and almost sent them backwards down the hill. I thought they were toast! Fortunately Chad was able to get back where he needed to be!
Saturday we headed up to Poison Spider Mesa Trail. I really loved the scenery the trail had to offer, but I wasn't a real fan of how bumpy the flats were. I think I got a tiny bruise on my hip from the seat belt trying to keep me secure! Regardless, I still had a blast! I think Cory also had a blast, but a bit more literally...his jeep burst into flames and singed his facial hairs! Don't worry...the jeep is okay! ;)
My favorite scenic part of Poison Spider was the "Little Arch" where you can see the Colorado River from the 1,000 foot cliff you stand on. Across the River you can see the trail for Moab Rim and also see "Jeep Arch" I didn't dare go much closer.
Here you can see "Jeep Arch" along Moab Rim. It's about three miles away from where we are standing.
On Sunday we celebrated Alyssa's Birthday before we headed out towards home. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYSS! We hope you had a fun time with us and we can't wait to see you and Randy next month! We also hope your gift smells good. It sounded good anyway!We had an awesome time this fall. We didn't break an axle or a camera lens. I was chipper the whole time and didn't freeze like I did in the Spring! The weather was outstanding and really helped out with our entertainment!
The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine
~St. Augustine
5 comments:
Looks like you had great fun! Happy late birthday!!
Moab is GREAT 'nuff said!!
I'm glad you guys made it home in ONE piece!! We've never been to Moab because I know Mark would be HOOKED! I think I would too :)
Looks like soo much fun:) Dave would be soo jealous:) I LOVE that pic at the top of your Blog- gorgeous!!!
we were in moab last week-end too. dang we should plan this next time. We spent most of our time in Monticello & Blanding. Have you ever been up to Mexican Hat? That is pretty cool. Nothing like what you guys were doing thought. Thats awesome.
Post a Comment