Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Festivities!


Well the Proulx house was a super busy one this weekend, and we loved it! The fun all began Friday night when Bryan and Melissa got into town. Well, wait...the fun started earlier when David Archuleta came home. Goll, I have never seen such a thing. I guess I would have been as psychotic if I were 13 again. Anywho, CJ and Bryan rejoiced all evening after watching a victorious Jazz game. Then next morning Brock made us blueberry muffins! And they were delicious! In the meantime Bryan and CJ were picking up Mom at the airport. From there we skirted off to the Home Depot to start off our gardening party! Mom made our front yard look TEN MILLION times better as you can see in this before and after. We all had a lot of fun and I am very grateful for all the help we received. Especially the help we got from Bryce and Brock. They both were shoveling dirt into the flowerbeds. The only bad thing about it was that we only have one kid-sized shovel. Can you believe they had to share? It was so horrible! Luckily they survived! The rest of the night we hung around, played games, and enjoyed each others company.

Sunday...yet another victorious day for the Jazz. What an awesome game! I was a little preoccupied for the first three quarters myself, but what I watched had me on the edge of my seat! Prior to that, we had breakfast with the whole clan! CJ cooked us all breakfast burritos and they were delicious as always! And also as always Jeri had to hog all of Ike's attention. RUDE! Just kidding Jer! I'm sure we'll be begging you to take our kids for ten minutes! Mom brought us some samples of her apples and other goodies from her business she has. We indulged in a few while we played catch phrase. As it turns out, the number between 4 and 5 is 6, not 4.5. Teasing Bryan, teasing! But, for dinner we went to Jer and Jennie's where she prepared a scrumptious meal! All and all, our weekend was pretty cool and we had a blast with our full house!
We love our mothers and our sisters that mother our nephews! We hope you had a great Mother's Day!!

5 comments:

Melissa & Bryan Jensen said...

Jenni it was so much fun! thanks CJ for the yummy burritos! Your lawn looks beautiful! Hugs and Kisses! See you soon.

five... five... five dollar foot long!

I have been saying ever since I left last night. Thanks!

Mel & Annette said...

Well all I can say is thank you for a really nice Mother's Day morning. I wish we could have helped you on Saturday; but our yard hogs all of our time. Thanks again for a fun breakfast, beautiful gift, and wonderful company. You guys are the best!

Elizabeth said...

I love the new background on your blog! I need to change mine periodically like you do-it keeps it fun and gives everyone something different to look at! Looks like you guys had a great Mother's Day celebrating with both of your mom's. I know my Aunt Annette is a wonderful lady!!!

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Fun! Your yard looks great! We have been working like crazy getting our yard in order!! It's a ton of work!

Diana said...

Your yard is looking great. We were able to go to both of the Jazz home games against the Lakers. It was really fun! Go Jazz!!