Sunday, October 9, 2011

Here We Go Again...

I am just two months away from blogging violation 22659er, which states "Failure to blog within 12 months". As fast as the past year has gone, I better catch up before it's too late!

I was thinking this year was somewhat uneventful. As I was looking through all my photo albums, I realized, "Oh, we did this and that. Why did I not take very many photos?" Then I began to realize that there were lots of things and events that I never even brought my camera to! CJ even bought me a small point and shoot so I didn't have to haul my big heavy one around! I know I've said it before, but I am sticking to it! I am going to be a better blogger. With that said, I am also going to be a better picture taker. It was my New Years resolution to blog more, but that was a hard time to make that resolution. Not much happens that time of year so it is easy to forget. So if I make this goal now as we go into the Holidays, I think it will be easier to make it a habit again!

With that said, here is what I actually took photos of this year (some I stole from family on Facebook), and a couple inserts.

April means Moab to me. That is the best recreational thing about CJ's family that I married into. It has become one of my FAVORITE things to do. I look forward to it every chance we get!


Yes, Cory is reading the Arches informative brochure while driving and it doesn't even phase Justun. haha Okay, we were towing him out. Every time something goes wrong with his Jeep it breaks my heart. He's put a lot of work into it, and whenever anyone else is broke down (*cough* our multiple axles *cough*) he is the first one there to help out. He deserves to have a bunch of good trips without something going wrong. Karma better treat him right!









June I found I had an unknown love for cherries. I hated them as a kid. Now I have seen the light, and know much, much better! Mmmmm...




July was nice. I love summer. July is usually crazy busy, but fun! We started off with Independence Day festivities. We usually hang out for Riverton Town Days, CJ plays in a softball tourny, dinner at Cory and Jeri's, and Fireworks at Riverton Park




Later in the month we went on our annual family vacation to Yuba lake. Oh it was sooooo nice! We went for about 5 days, and I needed the break! I loved just lounging in the sun and getting a tan. CJ enjoyed waterskiing for the first time in two years. Him and Jeri got up every morning to go ski. I think they are crazy. It's too early and too cold, but that just shows the passion they have for it!



While we were there Mama Netty wanted to go find these petroglyphs. I thought they were really neat! Good call Annette! She also informed us that whenever you see horns in petroglyphs it means water...good to know!


Tessa may not be up for much camping and great outdoors, but Marley LOVES it. I think she loves summer more than I do! In this photo she was standing on the shore checking out the seagulls on the water. She jumped in and dove after them, but realized she wouldn't make it. She came back on shore and stared them down. I thought the whole thing was quite comical.



The water was crazy high this year. The place I was hoping to camp was completely engulfed in water. The spot we got actually turned out to be pretty awesome. We lucked out with the spot we got. It was perfect! Not to mention the view was amazing!! Loved it! Family: I vote next time we do a Yuba trip we try to snag this spot up again!




August was honestly uneventful. We celebrated our 4 year Anniversary, and I can't even remember what we did. I think we may have gone to a movie. The weekend before we went to Star Valley to do pictures for a bunch of friends. Even though I was working, it was nice to get away and spend some us time together. Between the two of us working two jobs each, it's nice to spend quality time together. Oh, and Cameron moved into our basement. I guess that is kind of big! It's kinda nice having another person to hang around and talk to every once in a while.

September I got to hang out with Brodey and Sophie a bunch. That is my favorite thing about spring and fall. :) He's becoming quite the funny kid. He broke his arm and I got to sign his cast. He even wanted Tessa and Marley to.


Football got into full swing for Brock and Parker. It's so fun to watch them learn and get better each year. It's especially fun to root them on, and scream, and holler! Sorry I don't have any photos. I get the Crappy Aunt award this season. But Brock did have a birthday and it just so happened to land on the BYU/Utah Rivalry game. Glad that kid has his head on straight! :)


October will be more promising since we have Halloween! I promise to take my camera AND USE IT! Until then... I am caught up! There's our year in a nutshell!

3 comments:

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

This is great! I have been blogging all day too. Still not caught up. But I'm getting there. We used lots of the same pictures though. Makes me laugh. Love ya!

Melanie said...

Love the update! I wish we would have set up a photography session with you, you're so talented. I'm sure we'll be back in Utah someday!

Olga Clark said...

Hey, I enjoyed your post, I am a bad blogger as well. Hey You and your hubby at Delicate Arch, I love that place. next time Jim and I are hiking it too, hopefully.