Saturday, October 9, 2010

Gonna Pick Up A Little Slack...

So as I sit here and am running updates on my computer I figured I would catch up on some much needed blogging. So the rest of August held tons of fun! I was the YW Girls Camp Director and went to girls camp near Kamas. I had an absolutely fabulous time, and began having withdrawls from the girls pretty quick! But not to worry! I recently was given a new calling of YW Girls Coach! So now I am getting together with them twice a week to play volleyball! I can't escape them, but I really don't mind!

Then on August 30th we got a new little family member! Sophie became our second niece! As much as we tease that she looked like Yoda, I think she is beautiful!! I love her so much already!! Sadly, with the schedule I have been keeping we have not seen her as much as I would like to.



Some other big news for our family would be that CJ took a big step and applied for a job with Herriman City. He's been struggling getting a full paycheck as an electrician, so we prayed and thought it was time for him to put himself out there. He put in that single application and GOT THE JOB!! Pretty exciting! I'm sure proud of him! He's working in the streets department and is loving it! He's made friends with all his co-workers. He gets to wear this cute outfit every day!

He started there on September 20th. That just so happened to be the day after the Machine Gun Fire threatened Herriman. For all readers outside of Utah I'll enlighten you on what happened. Around 2:00 on Sunday, Camp Williams was doing military machine gun drills when some dry grass was sparked. The wind was unusually strong that day which resulted in a rapid spread of wildfire. The smoke was very noticeable by 5:00pm. As the sun began to set, you could see the fire creeping up over the top of the mountain. The following photo was taken from my roof around 11:00pm. Miraculously only 3 homes were lost! Crazy, crazy!


But on a much happier note, I got the opportunity to help Cache Media Works with some of the media photography they were doing for the Send Out Cards National 2010 Convention. I'm sure my nervousness made me look like a fool! I don't know why I was so scared, but running with the big dogs can be quite intimidating when you feel like you are a toy poodle!



While I was there I made a fun new friend named Mandi (love her!), and was able to hang out with Thurl Bailey for a while. He's pretty darn cool. But photographing him in the front row with a Nikon 300s is much cooler!


Unfortunately I didn't have anything for him to autograph, and all my clothing was black like the Sharpie. So what did I do? I asked him to sign my wrist!! haha! That works! An autograph is an autograph! I had a couple people ask me if I got a tattoo.... yes, I got a tattoo with a marker.


So there you have it! A three month recap in a few short paragraphs!!

3 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

I bet you were the Best camp director, and the girls loved you, and you get to keep working with them.
I am SO happy you worked with Cachemediaworks so we could meet!! Love out friendship tattoos, and being goofy and having fun with you. Your so fun and so cute! New best friends forever!!! :) always! So glad I finally caught up on your blog so I could see I was on it! Haha! Love ya girl! =~)

Mandi Roth said...

By the way you did a great job on the photos. Pat wants to use you again next year!! :) let's keep in touch and talk lots!! :) your hired! Haha!

Jared & Courtney Jackson said...

It was good to see your update! I have been so ignorning the blog world too. I don't think you are a toy poodle at all, your work is amazing and I always love every picture you take. The fire photo was incredible despite how devistating the event may be. Congrats to CJ on the job, that is fabulous. I loved my send out cards, but my account was just mysteriously terminated. Sad! Glad you are doing well!