Friday, June 19, 2009

I've Become A Crafty Critter!

Okay, so those of you that know me well understand that I don't get crafty. Our house is plain and simple. I just use bright colored paint to make things snazzy around these parts. Well today there were no providers at work today, so they gave me the day off. I honestly don't know what to do on a Friday day without CJ. After I dropped CJ off to work I drove past Roberts and thought I would go take a look see. Next thing you know I leave the store with bags in hand. But I need to give credit where credit is due. I could not have walked in there and known what to do without the crafty influence that Jennie and Melissa have in their "Super Craft" artistry. They always make the cutest things! And I love how everytime I go to Jennie's house when a new holiday comes she has a shelf dedicated to that holiday. Let's see if I can keep up!

The only difference is that I swear they make everything from scratch. Melissa could possibly whittle electronics from wood! I only made the shelf, painted the P, and strung some decorative beading around the wreath. Still, if you only knew how proud of myself that I am! I just think that maybe I should switch out the ribbon for every holiday. My kitchen is green and black so the green ribbon matches the room, but doesn't match the shelf... any thoughts? I could really use some constructive criticism here. This is certainly not my forte!

-My little pride and joy! Thought this up all by myself!

5 comments:

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

Very,Very Cute Jennilyn. I want to come see it in person.

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

Wow- I'm impressed- great job!

Mel & Annette said...

As ma momma used ta say: "Crafty is as crafty does...."

emily said...

I like the idea of switching the ribbon with each holiday. On the months that you don't want to go all out. put the usual back on the shelf & the green ribbon.

Kyle and Char said...

Very Very cute! I love little craft projects! how are you?!