Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Grand Annual Hunt!!

Well it's that time of year. The time of year where I find myself a "weekend widow". Early Friday morning the husband wandered out into the wild wilderness to fetch us some meat for the coming year. We didn't get the chance to plant a veggie garden this year so this shall be our HARVEST!! Fortunately he succeeded in his endeavor! Lo, and behold CJ scored a bigger deer than last! This particular deer was a little odd though. I noticed he still had his velvet on his antlers. I thought that it usually shed off by summer. Luckily CJ informed me that I was correct, and I can rest assure that I'm not crazy....not yet anyway! While my hunter prowled about, I prepared the fort for the new season by decorating with fall arrangements. I also got ambitious and painted the office! As soon as CJ helps me complete the project with new trim, I'll post the photographic evidence! Unfortunately, I spaced taking the before shot. I'm sure you can imagine how dull and lame it was before. I also passed the time by hanging out with Jeri and going to Women's Conference with her, Alayna, and Annette. For those of you that missed out, it was a great session and you should CHECK IT OUT! I really enjoyed President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I loved his talk as well!!!!!

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

Jen, We should make us a little hunting tradition of our own. It was fun haning out with you.

Mel & Annette said...

Ah, the mighty hunter returns! Your paint job looks awesome. It's amazing what you guys have done there in such a short time.