Springtime brought us quite the surprise. The downfall of buying a house in the winter is that you can't see the condition of the yard. This is what we saw after the snow left....
So after a lot of help from family and friends we were able to get the yard back into shape! Many neighbors even commented on how much better it looked even at this stage!
But thank you to President Bush for passing the Economy Stimulus Bill. With that extra money we felt we could do our part to help stimulate the landscaping and lawn care portion of the economy, and ordered sod!
It's really been fun, especially for CJ to do these projects that we've been doing and seeing the end result! He takes a lot of pride in the things that he has done around the house, as he should. I'm very grateful to have a handyman around! He really had a lot of fun with Cory as he helped him figure out the sprinkling system as well. It's always great to have people that are willing to serve and share their talents. Especially when it's family and you can increase your family bonds! Thank you to everyone! I hope when you come over you can also take a little pride in saying, "I helped! I had a hand in making this yard great for Jennilyn and CJ!".
5 comments:
Looks good. You have an expert yard person in your family--your mother-in-law so I'm sure that is nice!!! Your house is coming along nicely and looking very good!!! Your back yard is ready for some kiddies!!!
LOVE IT!! We will be right over!
That looks awesome. You guys have done a lot of projects it looks like!!
Your yard looks great. You definitely have some great people in your family that are willing to help out.
that looks so great. You have been working hard.
Post a Comment