September
We rang in the month of September while in Bear Lake for Labor Day. It was our first camping experience together! We got to stay in our new tent with our new blow-up mattress while Mel and Annette had the luxury suite (their camp trailer).
OctoberOctober, ahh, October. The month bearing champions. The month of all months! Did I mention I was born in October? What a coincidence eh? It's also the month that CJ discovered my long-time love of Guitar Hero, and thus began his addiction as well. Another item of interest I had and passed to my husband would be the Arby's Corned Beef Reuben. After introducing CJ to the holiest of Arby's Market Sandwiches, I believe we visited there weekly to get our fix.
November
In November we began our search for a house! It was a stressful time for me, because I was scared we would end up on the street! Our lease was ending the last of February. We also got a new nephew that month! Brodey was a great addition to the clan. You would often find him crying his cute little heart out.
December
December was our first Christmas together! All the family parties and get-togethers helped me learn CJ's side of the family better. The whole spirit of the holiday was fun and exciting! Well, the holidays usually are, but it was a different fun. Sharing new experiences and making new traditions with a spouse is very fulfilling!
I also think that Jeri and I stopped unintentionally dressing like twins towards the end of December...
JanuaryJanuary just plain sucked. The only good thing that happened was putting an offer in on a house and it getting accepted. That same day, I thought the world was going to end when I heard that my dad passed away. Melissa had called and said that Dad was missing due to an avalanche. My heart stopped and my stomach jumped to my throat. After further learning he was missing for two hours my mind was telling me he was gone, but my heart was optimistic and yearned for hope. It's an unexplainable emotion that takes you wherever it feels. I immediately thought to call Grandma Jensen and my aunts. I hated telling them, but hoped prayers from everyone could help. But sometimes our Father just needs his children back for reasons we don't understand. I lost my best friend that day. It's harder than I could have ever imagined. Fortunately I had and still have the support of my other best friend, CJ.
They say time heals all wounds, which I never thought was possible at the moment. In this case I would say time helps, but doesn't cure. You just have to wait until your time comes and then you will have your joyous reunion! If I learned one thing from the whole experience, it would be the importance of family, and making it eternal. I always thought that I had a good relationship with my brothers, but since Dad's passing I have become even more close and believe it to be precious.
February
February was our big month for a house! We painted and prepped for a couple weeks then moved right in! I'm so glad we didn't end up living in a box along Bangerter Highway! Everything worked out perfectly!
I was also excited that spring was just around the corner! February also marked a year from when we met. Who knew that a year later we would be married and have a house together! All very exciting!
March! Almost spring! What a great time of year! It's starting to warm up and the suns stays out longer! It's the time of year that I come out of hibernation and greet the world! Spring is also a time of surprises! Our yard was full of them. Heck! I'm still finding strange randoms in the garden! Snakes, toys, old leaves, medical supplies, you name it- it was there! Even a three foot statue of dear Mary.
It did work out that APRIL + JEEP = MOAB. This was my first experience, and I was quite excited. Apparently I handled it like a charm! Well the jeeping anyway. I became quite cranky one morning for reasons I shouldn't have let bother me. I simmered down and enjoyed the rest of the vacation in a newly shown world!
Shortly after our return we received another little man we like to call a nephew. This particular one would be Ike! Oddly enough Ike was born on the anniversary of our first date! That way we will always remember it!
My mother came down for Mother's Day this year and helped us put in our new spring flowers! It was really good to have her visit and see the home we have made for ourselves. Next time we'll just have to hide her damn phone!
June
In June CJ had a big birthday party and no cake. I think he'll survive, but he keeps giving me grief about it. During his party we all enjoyed CJ's new found love- Whiffle Ball. It's the latest obsession. The other day Reagan, him, and I had batting practice in the IFA parking lot! It's all the craze! Later we went and watched Ironman...which was awesome! Prior to his party we finally got an updated family photo! ...the previous needed me an Ike...soon we'll need one with Baby Martin.
July
Summertime is in it's prime! I love it! And I still haven't been forced to waterski! I've dodged a major bullet! My new favorite thing about July is fireworks! I use to be scared of them when I was little. Now they represent our engagement! Also, Pioneer Day now represents illegal fireworks in our backyard! It's a great time! Listening to me bicker I'm sure is awesome fun as well! I almost crapped my pants when Justun Edwards threw a flower into the street, not realizing that a "piggy" was driving past. Looking back it was all fun and games! ...now I know we won't be receiving a fine!
CJ got to play with my camera and see how it is so fun taking pictures! I forced him to do this at my friend's wedding. I couldn't myself because I was part of the sweet party! Somehow I mostly got pictures of me pulling weird faces, adjusting my dress, and looking away. I know he did this on purpose. He took a couple really nice pictures of the wedding, which proves he had it in for me!
Now it's August! Finally! If you're still reading I give you major credit. You must seriously be dying for entertainment! I know CJ is dying to start fall ball. The summer softball season hasn't even been over for three weeks yet and he won't stop talking about it! In fact, his new bat and bag came in the mail today! Yeah, how exciting! He even was late meeting me at the bank because he had to open it first thing when it arrived...
9 comments:
That was really fun to read Jennilyn!! I wish I had more time to do something like that on our blog! I barely make the posts that I want to as it is!! Mostly because I have to type with one hand now! ;)
Jen, That was so fun to read. I'm excited for the next 30 years. You guys had a very eventful year and made it through like champs. We love ya!
I love the idea of doing a "Year in Review" on my blog since there is so much I want to add from before I started blogging. That was fun to read. You are so awesome Jennilyn and it was great to see you last Sunday. You look so happy.
Excellent read. The best part is getting to share so much of it with you guys. Think of the happiness that the next year will bring. Exciting, huh? Forever!
Cute idea!!! Wishing you lots of happiness and success into the next many years!!!!
Awww, how cute. You and CJ have done very well for yourselves in 1 year, and had lots of fun too. Thanks for sharing :)
Oh my gosh you guys hav ebeen through so much and have done soo much in one year:) What a great idea for a blog:)
I need your e-mail address. We are going private on our blog :-) lovenday@gmail.com
I read it all, & it was so fun to get to know you better (again). Your such a fun spicy girl. We need to catch up again sometime.
Post a Comment