So, spring has sprung and thus the reason for our Spring trip to Moab, Utah! This was my first time to Moab as a Jeeping experience. I went to Arches with Dad a few years ago as a sight seeing adventure, but that didn't compare to this! This is life or death!
I prepared myself for the worst...thinking that I could possibly be critically injured or even wind up dead. Turns out we all made it out alive! Well, almost. Reckless herself had a minor injury. While climbing up and down on Golden Spike, her rear passenger axle broke. i've decided that, that is the worst possible sound in the world. It's also the sound of money falling out of our tiny, little pockets. It really stunk that it was our first day in Moab. She ended up staying on the mountain overnight. Cold, alone, and hurt. I know she's only a man-made machine, but it was still sad...
Just prior to this horrific event, we had just finished up watching Cory crossing The Crack. It was a fun place to get out and enjoy what was the warmest part of the day. But that's not saying much. Earlier as we were riding in, we witnessed a small snow flurry. Yes, you read correctly. A snow flurry. Wasn't much, but the fact still remains that it was cold! Anywho, the kids were able to play around while Cory flexed out for the camera! It was really fun to see all the different Jeeps in our group and to see how each one of them so easily climbs up, down, over, and through. I was very impressed. I now understand CJ's fascination with his Jeep and wanting lockers and other various things. Whatever can help us climb safely and prevent breaking down!
Saturday was a super-fun-filled day of boredom. CJ, Cory, Sosa, Randy, and Chad didn't get back from fixing Reckless til 5:30. But Sunday made up for it! We all took a stroll along Hell's Revenge. I really enjoyed this trail and all the fun obstacles that it offered! Not to mention it was finally nice and warm! Cory ended up going up Hell's Gate. Of course, he made it with ease! Another party was around at the time and one of it's members took his Toyota up it. He barely made it! I thought he was going to roll for sure! Turns out later that day, he took it to the Elevator and had to get pulled out on his side! No worries though, I think more body damage to that vehicle would give it a little more character!
This is what happens when you don't approach it correctly...
All in all, I had a great time and am looking forward to going again soon! Just as long as CJ doesn't continue the tradition of breaking an axle every time! Oh, and Chad, to answer your question about the naming of the Jeeps, I'd have to say no. Hot and Steamy For Hours doesn't fit on the side! jk!
Good to see you guys are back safe. That sucks about the axle. Besides that it looks like you guys had a great time. Its tough to beat the red rock country. loved going to moab when we lived in GJ. Great photos.
Yea-hooo!! We love moab. Cant wait for next time and I cant wait to see what those new Dana 44's can do to turn 35" tires. Thanks for the fun trip. We love you guys.
7 comments:
How about Recklessly Hot & Steamy 4 Hours? Or better yet, Recklessly Rough & Ready so now Hot & Steamy 4 Hours?
Good to see you guys are back safe. That sucks about the axle. Besides that it looks like you guys had a great time. Its tough to beat the red rock country. loved going to moab when we lived in GJ. Great photos.
You should look into writing. I enjoy reading your blogs...
I made my blog private. E-mail me and I'll send you an invite. I'd e-mail it to you but I don't have your e-mail address jlcmonson@yahoo.com
Yea-hooo!! We love moab. Cant wait for next time and I cant wait to see what those new Dana 44's can do to turn 35" tires. Thanks for the fun trip. We love you guys.
Hi Guys, This is Jeri again just checking to see if my mom's blog is working.
That look's so scary to me! I'm sure it's a thrill though. You married into a very fun family. They're always doing exciting things!
Post a Comment