My prayers were answered much quicker than I had possibly anticipated. During all this thought and goal setting I saw a post on the Facebook page of one of the photographers' I admire. They were looking to hire. Mind you, these particular photographers have a HUGE imprint on the Utah Wedding industry. I have gawked and awed at their talents for quite some time. I even did our "family" photos with them I love them that much. But anywho, back to my initial thought... I kinda thought it would be nice to work for someone else. Not worry about the responsibilities of owning a business, taxes, insurance, marketing blah blah blah. So I casually made the comment of "I wish I had the talent!" not thinking anything of it. Next thing I know I received a message that snowballed into an interview that resulted in me being hired on all within less than 24 hours. It was so crazy. To be honest, I felt a little irresponsible for not putting a ton of thought into it or even talking to CJ about the details, but I had to go with what my heart and gut were telling me. Who can argue that? It felt as though it was now or never, and I had to do it! The next day I put in my resignation at the clinic. Here we are two weeks later. Today was an awfully bittersweet day. My co-workers at Pioneer have become like family and the patients have even become friends. I didn't think I was that emotionally invested there, but how silly of me to think that. I have spent 40+ hours a week with these people for the past 3 1/2 years. They are a significant part of my life and they have helped me grow and overcome so much. Leaving them all is definitely the bitter part. But the sweet part is that I can now work full time doing what I absolutely love and still have the time in my marriage and with friends that I need. I feel so blessed in so many ways. I can't even describe how anxious and excited I am to start a new chapter of my life, and I am so grateful for how I have grown from the chapter I am closing.
And no blog post is complete without a photo, in my eyes. So I will leave you with a silly little shot Stacey took of me while on an engagement shoot last week. She is awesome and I can't wait to work with her when I can, and the rest of Dezember Photography! They are amazing, and I am honored to be a part of their awesomeness!
1 comment:
UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT
Post a Comment