I'm not particularly one to say there is something wrong with me when it comes to medical issues. I don't like to draw attention to myself unless it is something fun and/or positive. I want to seem invincible I suppose. That is why I have never really talked a whole lot to anyone, including CJ, about what I have been feeling in the past two years. Or if I have brought things up I have sugar coated it so I don't bring on that unwanted attention. But the mystery is now solved and I'm ready to get it off my chest!!
Anywho, basically I have felt extremely fatigued, unable to concentrate, memory loss, irritability, and so forth. The list goes on and on, but I don't want to bore you. The doctors that I work for did bloodwork last December and nothing showed up. So we figured I just needed to eat healthier and exercise more frequently. It helped a little, but I still just didn't feel right. Most recently I felt chest pains and became more dizzy more often. I checked my blood pressure and it was extremely low for me, so the doctor ran an EKG on me and found I have an irregular heartbeat. I didn't really show it, but this scared me to death! But it turns out that irregular heartbeats are fairly common and there is nothing to worry about. Especially where they are stress induced, which turns our to be the case with me. But still...that doesn't solve my other problems.
I tell you this story to tell you this one and the positive purpose behind this post... they ran bloodwork on me again to make sure there was nothing overlooked. Today my results came in and BINGO! My bilirubin levels were off. So I guess in Layman's terms... I was born with Gilbert Syndrome.
Here's the definition: Gilbert (zheel-BAYR) Syndrome is a mild liver disorder in which the liver doesn't properly process a substance called bilirubin. Bilirubin is produced by the breakdown of red blood cells. Gilbert Syndrome affects 3 percent to 7 percent of the U.S. population. Worldwide estimations vary, and no good measure exists. More males than females have the condition.
So, I feel 100% relieved that I am just not a hypochondriac and that there IS something up with me. Even better that it is something that isn't serious and I can do something to ease it. It can be enhanced due to stress, which is why my doctor believes I haven't experienced the major symptoms until now. It became more noticeable after my Dad passed away, which is making a lot of sense. Not knowing what was wrong with me caused me even more stress, making it worse. Our plan of action is to reduce stress, take magnesium and glutathione, eat lots of citrus fruits, and I'll be good!
So the purpose of this post is a celebration that I am on my way to being my old self again and losing the feeling of "not knowing" that I have been hiding.
9 comments:
I googled it first thing when I got up this morning and was comfortable that you were ok. I'm really glad that you found out, can relieve your stressers and be your happy beautiful self. We love you!
Jennilyn! That's kind of scary! They kept thinking I had some sort of irregular heartbeat too with this pregnancy. It just turned out to be GERD.
But I'm so glad that you are doing better. And what a relief to finally know what has been plaguing you for so long. I hope you continue to feel better and gain back some energy!
Glad that you have figured out what you can do to help feel your best!! We miss seeing you!
You can lay under the lights to take care of it too! Glad you're okay.
I'm glad there is nothing seriously wrong! It's such a relief to figure out what is bothering you when you have symptoms. They kept telling jared that he was just a hypochondriac and nothing was wrong and now look..Surgery after surgery because they were all wrong. Good luck with your road to finding you!
I am glad you figured it out. I hope you keep feeling better and get back to your normal self soon!
I'm so glad they figured this out. Now you just need to concentrate on helping your body get back to normal and take care of yourself. Stephen had something like that when he was born...so we played "I'm blue da da dee da da da" song and would put him under the biliruben lights. eheheh...So happy you're not freaked out anymore. loves ya!
Russell has Gilbert's Syndrome as well!! Ok - I am not excited about it, but maybe it is a Jensen thing.....I didn't realize there is something you can do for it. What is the stuff you are taking??
Being in the medical field I think makes it so difficult. We are close to people who know way too much. I often feel like a hypochondriac, it's amazing that we're so pleased to find that there is something wrong. But relieved it isn't something serious.
Post a Comment