e of weeks. We had all of our Christmas parties and get togethers, then went home to Star Valley to ring in the new year with Dad and the rest of our family! Little did we know that was the last time we would hangout with Dad in this mortal life. Dad passed away on January 12th due to God's will. It's been hard to accept that Heavenly Father would want something like that at this time, but we are trying our hardest to have faith in it. It's already getting easier, but it will never be over until we pass ourselves. We are all trying to remain optimistic, and not focus on the negative and mortal aspects of it all. So with that said, Christmas was great and New Years was perfect! CJ and I went to cousin parties on both our sides and had the opportunity to sit on Santa's lap at each one! On Christmas Eve, we went to go see National Treasure: Book of Secrets, with Cameron, Annette, and Mel. I personally thought that it was better than the first one! Afterwards we went to Mel and Annette's to have a little family get togetherSunday, January 6, 2008
Christmas Recap!
So, I initially started this blog weeks ago. I was going to do a Christmas recap since we had an eventful coupl
e of weeks. We had all of our Christmas parties and get togethers, then went home to Star Valley to ring in the new year with Dad and the rest of our family! Little did we know that was the last time we would hangout with Dad in this mortal life. Dad passed away on January 12th due to God's will. It's been hard to accept that Heavenly Father would want something like that at this time, but we are trying our hardest to have faith in it. It's already getting easier, but it will never be over until we pass ourselves. We are all trying to remain optimistic, and not focus on the negative and mortal aspects of it all. So with that said, Christmas was great and New Years was perfect! CJ and I went to cousin parties on both our sides and had the opportunity to sit on Santa's lap at each one! On Christmas Eve, we went to go see National Treasure: Book of Secrets, with Cameron, Annette, and Mel. I personally thought that it was better than the first one! Afterwards we went to Mel and Annette's to have a little family get together
, and it was snowing, snowing, snowing! I was so glad we were going to have a white Christmas! When we came home we started new tradition, that most families already have. We opened one gift before Santa comes...new Pajamas! The next morning after opening our gifts (my favorite was a new pair of scriptures with my new name on them), we ran over to Cory and Jeri's for breakfast burritos, where CJ got to show of his new Ipod nano! It was fun to see all the cool things that Santa brought Brock and Parker!
e of weeks. We had all of our Christmas parties and get togethers, then went home to Star Valley to ring in the new year with Dad and the rest of our family! Little did we know that was the last time we would hangout with Dad in this mortal life. Dad passed away on January 12th due to God's will. It's been hard to accept that Heavenly Father would want something like that at this time, but we are trying our hardest to have faith in it. It's already getting easier, but it will never be over until we pass ourselves. We are all trying to remain optimistic, and not focus on the negative and mortal aspects of it all. So with that said, Christmas was great and New Years was perfect! CJ and I went to cousin parties on both our sides and had the opportunity to sit on Santa's lap at each one! On Christmas Eve, we went to go see National Treasure: Book of Secrets, with Cameron, Annette, and Mel. I personally thought that it was better than the first one! Afterwards we went to Mel and Annette's to have a little family get together
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Thanks for checking out my Blog. Isn't it fun? How are you doing, are you holding up? Do you need anything? Please let me know. Keep up the awesome blogging!!!
Hi Guys, You are amazing and we love you! Jen, you are one of the toughest girls i know. I have gained so much respect for you for the way you have handled the past 2 weeks. Stay strong.
All I can say is I wish I was closer so I could come over and hang out on Sunday evenings. I can't wait to see you guys this week! Love ya!
May the Family reunion begin! It won't be too long! I can't wait! See you tonight. Love you
Dave & I were so sad to hear about your father- I just want to let you know that our prayers are with your family and we LOVE you soo much:)!!!
Post a Comment